UIDAI panel proposes massive information blitz
New Delhi: Faced with the challenging task
of spreading awareness about its unique identity project,
especially in rural areas, the UIDAI is planning a major
information blitz using government resources like Doordarshan,
new media and innovative on-the-ground communication.
"The traditional mix of media will not be sufficient
to reach the entire target audience," according to thee
Awareness and Communications Strategy Advisory Council set up
by the UIDAI to suggest steps for reaching out to the public.
The Council comprising corporate honchos, which on Tuesday
submitted its report to the Unique Identification Authority
(UIDAI) chairman Nandan Nilekani, proposed using government
resources, especially Doordarshan, regional channels, the fast
spreading telecom network and Internet to reach the target
Apart from roping NGOs, it has stressed on the need
for interpersonal communication and innovation in
on-the-ground communication involving officials, traders and
The communication will "need to strongly ride on the
UIDAI enrolment infrastructure to be able to reach masses...This
implies working closely with the Registrars and Enrolment
agencies," the report said.
"Given the complexity of messaging, target audience
and processes involved, interpersonal communication will need
to be strongly developed. Innovation in on-the-ground
communication will be a strong need."
It has also suggested broadcast, outdoors, digital
entertainment among initiatives that will help the project
which aims to give a 12-digit unique number to all residents
of the country achieve its goals.
"Keeping in view the fact that this is a Government of
India programme, the Council recommends a planned usage of
resources of the government (Ministry of Information and
Broadcasting among others) along with using the social cause
nature of the programme to garner visibility," the report
Among the members of the council were Kiran Khalap --
co-founder and managing director of brand consultancy firm
Chlorophyll, Santosh Desai -- CEO Future Brands and Sumeet
Vohra -- head of the marketing wing of P&G.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?