UIDAI receives over 3,000 logo designs, decision by April
New Delhi: The UIDAI, which aims to prov
a unique 16-digit number to all residents of the country by
next year, has received over 3000 entries from across the
country for its logo competition.
Infosys co-founder Nandan Nilekani-headed Unique
Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) will select a logo
from the lot which will become face of the ambitious project
The logo competition carries a reward of Rs one lakh
besides Rs 10,000 as consolation prizes.
"It is our constant endeavour to involve as much public
as possible in this endeavour. The selection of the logo will
take place by April," a UIDAI official who did not wish to be
He said the selection of the logo would be based on
criteria like whether or not a particular selected work would
capture the essence of the mission and purpose of the UIDAI.
The official said it is important that the powerful idea
behind the project gets communicated to its recipients in a
way that is motivating. He said the logo will act as a visual
shortcut that communicates what the brand stands for.
As part of its public partnership, the UID has also
opened up a number of jobs for the general public who wish to
be part of the project.
The government has proposed Rs 1,900 crore in budgetary
allocation, nearly a 16-fold increase, to the Authority for
the period 2010-11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation