UIDAI unveils three online identity authentication services
New Delhi: Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) on Friday unveiled three new Aadhaar-enabled services which would help residents to authenticate their identity anytime and anywhere through a digital platform.
Besides the authority also announced establishment of (around 300) permanent enrolment centres (Aadhaar Kendras). The number of these Aadhaar Kendras would be scaled up to 1,000 by September this year.
"The centres will facilitate enrolment of residents left out during the camps organised by registrars in the past and also facilitate biometric and demographic update," UIDAI Chairman Nandan Nilekani said.
Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia, who was also present on the occasion, said there could be leakage ranging between 20 to 40 per cent in the present system of delivery of benefits under various schemes and said that these services would help plugging them.
The authority has launched three Aadhaar-enabled services including e-KYC, OTP (one time pin) authentication and Iris authentication.
The e-KYC service will enable individuals to authorise service providers to receive electronic copy of their proof of identity and address.
The e-KYC service can be deployed by different agencies to verify a resident`s identity and address. Only demographic information (Name, Address, Date of Birth, Gender, Photograph & Mobile Number) that is collected during Aadhaar enrolment will be shared, at the request of, and/or with the consent of the Aadhaar number holder.
However, the information will be available only for few seconds to the service provider to avoid any misuse.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog