UK coroner releases Anuj Bidve`s body
London: The body of killed Indian student Anuj
Bidve has been released by the coroner to a funeral company in
London, from where it is expected to be taken to India for
The body was released after a second post-mortem was
Bidve`s family members are scheduled to arrive here today
to take the body back to India.
After their arrival, they may decide to visit Salford
where Bidve was killed in an unprovoked attack on Boxing Day.
Lancaster University, where Bidve was enrolled on a
postgraduate course in Microelectronics, has informed India`s
Consul in Birmingham, R R Swain, that it will refund the fees
paid by Bidve.
Swain told PTI, "The steps taken by Lancaster
University to refund Bidve`s fees and to offer pastoral care
for other Indian students who were with Bidve are welcome".
The Bidve family had reportedly raised a loan against
their house in Pune to finance his study at Lancaster
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'