‘UK Parl to seek report on Indian student murder’
London: Amid an outrage over the killing of
Indian student Anuj Bidve, a top British parliamentary panel
will seek a full report on the circumstances of the
"unprovoked" attack in Manchester earlier this week.
Keith Vaz, the Labour Party MP and chairman of House of
Commons Home Affairs Committee, expressed shock over the
murder of 23-year-old Bidve on Monday.
"I will be asking for a full report on the circumstances
of his death. Overseas students need to be reassured that the
UK has taken every possible step to ensure such a tragic event
will not happen again," said Vaz, the lawmaker from Leicester
"Most importantly, his family deserve to know the truth
about the final moments of their much loved son," he said.
Bidve, from Pune, was with nine Indian students when they
were approached by two men in Salford. He was shot at close
range after a "very short" conversation.
Bidve was a student of Microelectronics at Lancaster
In a statement, Vaz welcomed the action taken by the
Greater Manchester Police "on the shocking and deeply sad
murder" in Manchester on Boxing Day.
The British police has arrested a fourth person in
connection with the killing of Bidve, who died following an
"unprovoked" attack on Monday.
The unnamed man is the fourth arrest after another man
and two teenagers were arrested in the last 24 hours. No
further details were released about the three arrests.
The cold blooded murder has sparked an outrage here,
particularly among Indians. Many members of the minority
community have demanded an exemplary punishment for those
involved in the heinous crime.
The police have not ruled out racism as a motive for the
killing. The two men who approached the group of students at
Salford were described as white men.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown