UK stabbing: Accused in Court on March 3
London: Three Indians charged with the
attempted murder of Praveen Reddy, an MBA student from Andhra
Pradesh who was critically stabbed in east London last week,
will appear in custody before a court here on March 2.
The three -- Amareshwar Arava, 25, Sai Kishore
Balguri, 25, and Nishanth Puttapaka, 23 -- were produced
before the Thames Magistrates` Court yesterday, and charged
with the attempted murder of Praveen, who was due to return to
India this week.
Praveen was critically stabbed on February 10 night in
east London`s Kent Street, Plaistow, according to the
26-year-old Praveen, who was admitted to Newham General
Hospital on Friday morning with multiple stab wounds, is
stated to be improving and is out of danger, official sources
told on Tuesday.
He was stabbed in the neck, chest and abdomen several
times and thrown out of the apartment in the London borough of
Newham where he lived, according to the police.
A quarrel between two groups of students hailing from
Andhra Pradesh is believed to have led to the attack.
The police, however, did not reveal the reason behind the
Initially, eleven people were arrested and three of them
were charged with the attempted murder.
Seven other men were bailed out and another person was
released on Saturday without further action, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog