U’khand: Minor girl suffers near death experience
Kanpur: A fun trip to Kedarnath turned out to be a nightmare for nine-year-old Shivani whose young mind has been scarred by her almost near death experience and the loss of her uncle and aunt in the Uttarakhand calamity.
Shivani, along with her uncle Ramesh Chand Gupta and his wife Geeta had gone to Kedarnath trip.
According to the father of Shivani, Shankar Gupta, he had talked to Ramesh Chand, his elder brother, over phone on the night of June 15. After that Ramesh had no contact with them.
Shivani, who is still under trauma, said that on June 16 she was separated from her uncle and aunt after heavy downpour.
Her father said that he tried his best to contact them but in vain. Later, on June 21, a lawyer from Gwalior called him saying that Shivani was with him.
"Mritunjaya Thakur, a lawyer by profession, said that he had rescued Shivani while she was stuck in the flood on June 17," said Shivani`s father Shankar.
Thakur told us that Shivani had a fractured leg and was in trauma as he took her to Gwalior for further treatment, said Shankar.
Shivani told the lawyer that she was a native of Kalyanpur area of Kanpur, however, she did not remember the phone number of her house.
Thakur somehow managed to get the contact of her father, and on June 21, Shivani`s parents came to Gwalior and took her home.
However, the whereabouts of Shivani`s uncle and anut is still not known.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad