ULFA anti-talk faction supports Maoists
Guwahati: ULFA`s anti-talk faction Thursday extended "moral support" to the Maoists and condemned the killing of four ultras at Sadiya in Assam`s Tinsukia district.
ULFA Commander-in-Chief Paresh Barua in a statement e-mailed to PTI said, "We extend full moral support to the Maoists in their struggle to establish a just and fair social structure in Assam".
"The rise of the Maoists can be attributed to the aspirations of the common man to lead a life of dignity and we foresee its influence extending more in Assam," he said.
The ULFA leader also alleged that the Centre was practising double standards in dealing with the Maoists in different parts of the country.
"The Centre had entered into agreements with the Maoists in Odisha and Chattisgarh releasing their jailed leaders in exchange for release of abducted prominent personalities, but in Assam the security forces were killing innocent activists at the behest of the Centre," Barua alleged.
The statement noted that everybody has the right to protest and "we, too, condemn the killings and offer our heart-felt condolences to their bereaved families".
Four Maoist activists of the armed wing were killed in an encounter with the Assam police at Sadiya along the Assam-Arunachal border yesterday.
Intelligence sources said the Maoists had formed their armed wing recently at Sadiya in Upper Assam, considered its base, and were active along the Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border with efforts to form an armed wing in Lower Assam too.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO