ULFA ready for talks if sovereignty on agenda: Baruah
Guwahati: ULFA`s self-styled commander-in-chief Paresh Baruah, who is known to be against talks, on Saturday said he had "full confidence" in chairman Arabindo Rajkhowa and the outfit was ready for a dialogue provided "sovereignty" for Assam was discussed.
There was no confusion in the minds of the ULFA cadres on
talks as right from the grassroot level cadre to the chairman
and advisor, all "were ready for it provided sovereignty for
Assam was discussed," Baruah said in an e-mail to North East
Denying that there was a split in the ULFA, he said,
"There is no split ... and we have full confidence on chairman
He said "the question of difference of opinion does not
arise and now it is up to the Indian government to show their
sincerity by taking the process forward".
Baruah dubbed the news regarding split in the ULFA as
"conspiracy by the Indian government as a part of its divide
and rule policy and misinformation campaign to create
confusion among the people of Assam."
Baruah said he and Rajkhowa had not surrendered, but been
arrested following a "deep-rooted conspiracy of the Indian
"The chairman and Baruah can never forget nor ignore the
sacrifices of the martyrs made during the last 30 years,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29