Uma Bharti comes out in support of Gadkari
New Delhi: BJP leader Uma Bharti on Saturday came to the defence of beleaguered party president Nitin Gadkari, who is facing pressure from sections of the organisation to step down, and insisted that people like Ram Jethmalani have no say in decision-making within the party.
"I have been watching for the past four-five days that the father-son duo of Ram and Mahesh Jethmalani have become the guardians of morality. They cannot even enter the place where decisions are taken on who should be president and who should resign," Bharti said.
She was alluding to the Sangh Parivar founthead RSS which has the final word on crucial issues of the BJP.
Ram and Mahesh Jethmalani had demanded that Gadkari should immediately step down as BJP President in the wake of the charges of dubious funding of his Purti Group.
"Ram Jethmalani has no relevance in deciding who should be president and who should not be. People would have come to know that Ram and Mahesh Jethmalani are in BJP only now as they are irrelevant and have no role or relevance in decision-making," Bharti said.
Her support to Gadkari comes on a day when BJP national executive member Jagadish Shettigar also demanded that Gadkari should follow the example of party veteran LK Advani (who had relinquished his post when he was charged of involvement in the Hawala case) and resign from the post of President.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials