Uma blames Centre, state governments for Ganga pollution
Kanpur: Terming inaction on part of Central and state governments as the main reason behind the state of river Ganga, BJP leader Uma Bharti Sunday said she will continue to work for making the holy river pollution-free through her mass campaigns.
Bharti, who was leading a human chain in support of a pollution-free Ganga, said she will fight for bringing the Ganga back to its earlier form.
She accused the successive Central and state governments of not taking concrete steps towards making Ganga pollution free.
"In our next stage of agitation, we will raise up the issue of disposal of water from tanneries and other polluting factories in the river," Bharti said.
She also asked the district authorities to take necessary actions in this regard, so that the devotees coming for next month`s Maha Kumbh Mela can get clean water.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years