`Uma should talk to BJP leadership if she wants to rejoin`
Bhopal: BJP National Vice President Kalraj
Mishra on Saturday said Uma Bharti should talk to party leadership
if she wanted to come back into the party.
"All those leaders who have left the party and now wants
to come back should first talk to the BJP`s central leadership
and then only the party would take a decision on it," Mishra
told reporters when asked about Bharti`s possible return to
The senior leader said this after the announcement of
Prabhat Jha as the new Madhya Pradesh BJP President.
When pressed further on the issue, Mishra said "it would
be better if you ask this question to Bharti herself."
Referring to Uttar Pradesh, he said that people were now
fed up with the rule of Mayawati.
"The incidents of kidnapping, loot, murder and rape are
on the rise in the state and even the SC/ST Act is being
misused against the people," Mishra said, adding people were
looking for an alternative.
"I am of the opinion that BJP should contest the polls in
the state without any alliance," he said
Mishra said that it is wrong to say that BJP has no
presence in Uttar Pradesh at present.
In the last elections there was a misconception among the
people that BJP had some tacit understanding with Samajwadi
Party to prevent Mayawati from coming to power, Mishra said,
adding this resulted in the party`s loss.
To a question on Congress General Secretary Rahul
Gandhi`s influence in Uttar Pradesh, the BJP leader said Rahul
was given too much projection among the people.
But it is not necessary that it would translate into
votes, he added.
On the issue of controversial Pilibhit M Varun Gandhi,
Mishra said that he is working for strengthening the party
with other party leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama