`Uma should talk to BJP leadership if she wants to rejoin`
Bhopal: BJP National Vice President Kalraj
Mishra on Saturday said Uma Bharti should talk to party leadership
if she wanted to come back into the party.
"All those leaders who have left the party and now wants
to come back should first talk to the BJP`s central leadership
and then only the party would take a decision on it," Mishra
told reporters when asked about Bharti`s possible return to
The senior leader said this after the announcement of
Prabhat Jha as the new Madhya Pradesh BJP President.
When pressed further on the issue, Mishra said "it would
be better if you ask this question to Bharti herself."
Referring to Uttar Pradesh, he said that people were now
fed up with the rule of Mayawati.
"The incidents of kidnapping, loot, murder and rape are
on the rise in the state and even the SC/ST Act is being
misused against the people," Mishra said, adding people were
looking for an alternative.
"I am of the opinion that BJP should contest the polls in
the state without any alliance," he said
Mishra said that it is wrong to say that BJP has no
presence in Uttar Pradesh at present.
In the last elections there was a misconception among the
people that BJP had some tacit understanding with Samajwadi
Party to prevent Mayawati from coming to power, Mishra said,
adding this resulted in the party`s loss.
To a question on Congress General Secretary Rahul
Gandhi`s influence in Uttar Pradesh, the BJP leader said Rahul
was given too much projection among the people.
But it is not necessary that it would translate into
votes, he added.
On the issue of controversial Pilibhit M Varun Gandhi,
Mishra said that he is working for strengthening the party
with other party leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon