`Uma should talk to BJP leadership if she wants to rejoin`
Bhopal: BJP National Vice President Kalraj
Mishra on Saturday said Uma Bharti should talk to party leadership
if she wanted to come back into the party.
"All those leaders who have left the party and now wants
to come back should first talk to the BJP`s central leadership
and then only the party would take a decision on it," Mishra
told reporters when asked about Bharti`s possible return to
The senior leader said this after the announcement of
Prabhat Jha as the new Madhya Pradesh BJP President.
When pressed further on the issue, Mishra said "it would
be better if you ask this question to Bharti herself."
Referring to Uttar Pradesh, he said that people were now
fed up with the rule of Mayawati.
"The incidents of kidnapping, loot, murder and rape are
on the rise in the state and even the SC/ST Act is being
misused against the people," Mishra said, adding people were
looking for an alternative.
"I am of the opinion that BJP should contest the polls in
the state without any alliance," he said
Mishra said that it is wrong to say that BJP has no
presence in Uttar Pradesh at present.
In the last elections there was a misconception among the
people that BJP had some tacit understanding with Samajwadi
Party to prevent Mayawati from coming to power, Mishra said,
adding this resulted in the party`s loss.
To a question on Congress General Secretary Rahul
Gandhi`s influence in Uttar Pradesh, the BJP leader said Rahul
was given too much projection among the people.
But it is not necessary that it would translate into
votes, he added.
On the issue of controversial Pilibhit M Varun Gandhi,
Mishra said that he is working for strengthening the party
with other party leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users