Unapologetic for Ayodhya movement: Uma Bharti
Varanasi: Refusing to comment on the Ayodhya issue, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Uma Bharti has said she remained unapologetic about her association with the campaign that led to the demolition of the Babri mosque.
"I am never worried that my name is associated with Babri mosque demolition case. In fact, I feel that my association with Ayodhya movement will be a boon for my upcoming seven generations. I am unapologetic for being involved with Ayodhya movement. I have never repented for this and I still do not regret it," Bharti told media here.
The CBI has appealed in the Supreme Court that senior leader Lal Krishna Advani along with other leaders should face trial in the demolition case.
The agency opposed the separation of trial of eight accused leaders -- Advani, Murli Manohar Joshi, Uma Bharti, Vinay Katiyar, Ashok Singhal, Giriraj Kishore, Vishnu Hari Dalmiya and Sadhvi Rithambara -- from 41 others, mainly kar sevaks, allegedly involved in the demolition of the disputed structure on December 6, 1992.
It said separation of the trial, which has found favour with the trial court and the Allahabad High Court, is totally erroneous.
CBI has challenged the May 20, 2010, order of the High Court dismissing its plea against dropping of the conspiracy charge against Advani and also upholding separation of his trial from those charged with actual demolition and assault on mediapersons.
Two separate FIR were registered on the December 6, 1992 incident with the first pointing towards the alleged involvement of kar sevaks in the demolition of the structure while another was against eight leaders of BJP, VHP and RSS for giving allegedly provocative speeches and slogans from a stage 175 meters away from the disputed site. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside