Unclaimed laptop bag near Army hospital sparks security alert
New Delhi: An unclaimed laptop bag found near an Army hospital here on Monday sparked security alert and security men went into a tizzy with reports of abandoned vehicles in two separate incidents.
The laptop bag was found near the Army Research and Referral Hospital in Dhaula Kuan locality of South West Delhi.
Police said they got a call at around 3.30 pm that two youth in a motorcycle dropped the bag. Both the sniffer dogs and the army`s bomb disposal squad were pressed into service.
They said since the checks found something suspicious, Army`s 202 Bomb Squad destroyed the suspicious bag outside the hospital at 5.20 pm.
They also said teams from NSG and Delhi Police`s Special Cell also went to the spot immediately after getting a call in this regard.
The sniffer dogs could not clearly establish whether it contained explosives or not, police said.
The entire area was cordoned off and the army`s bomb disposal squad then used a controlled explosion to open the bag, police said adding some bricks and loose wires of laptop were recovered from it.
Another incident was reported from bustling M-Block market of posh Greater Kailash in South Delhi over a motorcycle parked near a cigaratte vendor.
Repeated announcements made on the Public Address System for the bike`s failed to elicit a response, prompting the authorities to call for a bomb disposal squad.
Another call was also reported from a West Delhi locality, which police said turned out to be hoax.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Congress comes out with scathing 'report card' on PM Narendra Modi's 1yr rule