Unclaimed laptop bag near Army hospital sparks security alert
New Delhi: An unclaimed laptop bag found near an Army hospital here on Monday sparked security alert and security men went into a tizzy with reports of abandoned vehicles in two separate incidents.
The laptop bag was found near the Army Research and Referral Hospital in Dhaula Kuan locality of South West Delhi.
Police said they got a call at around 3.30 pm that two youth in a motorcycle dropped the bag. Both the sniffer dogs and the army`s bomb disposal squad were pressed into service.
They said since the checks found something suspicious, Army`s 202 Bomb Squad destroyed the suspicious bag outside the hospital at 5.20 pm.
They also said teams from NSG and Delhi Police`s Special Cell also went to the spot immediately after getting a call in this regard.
The sniffer dogs could not clearly establish whether it contained explosives or not, police said.
The entire area was cordoned off and the army`s bomb disposal squad then used a controlled explosion to open the bag, police said adding some bricks and loose wires of laptop were recovered from it.
Another incident was reported from bustling M-Block market of posh Greater Kailash in South Delhi over a motorcycle parked near a cigaratte vendor.
Repeated announcements made on the Public Address System for the bike`s failed to elicit a response, prompting the authorities to call for a bomb disposal squad.
Another call was also reported from a West Delhi locality, which police said turned out to be hoax.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter