Unclaimed laptop bag near Army hospital sparks security alert
New Delhi: An unclaimed laptop bag found near an Army hospital here on Monday sparked security alert and security men went into a tizzy with reports of abandoned vehicles in two separate incidents.
The laptop bag was found near the Army Research and Referral Hospital in Dhaula Kuan locality of South West Delhi.
Police said they got a call at around 3.30 pm that two youth in a motorcycle dropped the bag. Both the sniffer dogs and the army`s bomb disposal squad were pressed into service.
They said since the checks found something suspicious, Army`s 202 Bomb Squad destroyed the suspicious bag outside the hospital at 5.20 pm.
They also said teams from NSG and Delhi Police`s Special Cell also went to the spot immediately after getting a call in this regard.
The sniffer dogs could not clearly establish whether it contained explosives or not, police said.
The entire area was cordoned off and the army`s bomb disposal squad then used a controlled explosion to open the bag, police said adding some bricks and loose wires of laptop were recovered from it.
Another incident was reported from bustling M-Block market of posh Greater Kailash in South Delhi over a motorcycle parked near a cigaratte vendor.
Repeated announcements made on the Public Address System for the bike`s failed to elicit a response, prompting the authorities to call for a bomb disposal squad.
Another call was also reported from a West Delhi locality, which police said turned out to be hoax.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India