Unemployed Indian kills fellow national for money in Dubai
Dubai: An unemployed Indian man allegedly strangled to death a compatriot over an 8,500 dirhams loan and dumped the body in a carton, a media report said on Thursday.
According to the prosecution, the 28-year-old accused, identified only by the initials NS, strangled VK with a rope following a heated argument at his residence over repayment of the debt. The accused later paid four men to dispose off the box.
The accused has been charged with premeditated murder in the Court of First Instance. Though NS has denied the murder charge and claimed that he had found the body in his flat and had disposed it off.
The body was found by a watchman on May 23 left in a box in an alley in Freej al Murar in Naif. The police tracked down four workers whose fingerprints were found on the box, a police official said.
"They all said that a man solicited their help in moving a carton box containing glasses. The workers moved the box on a trolley and were paid money ranging between 25 dirham and 50 dihram," he said.
Police arrested NS in Gold Souq in Naif. He then admitted that he had killed VK over 8,500 dihram (approx Rs 1,35,170) as he was delaying paying back the loan.
Prosecutors told the court yesterday that on May 22, the victim told N S that he had no money to pay him, because of which latter got angry. The verbal row soon developed into a physical fight and the defendant tied a rope around the victim`s neck and strangled him, Gulf News reported.
NS had been working as a salesman for a company for the past six years.
Next hearing of the case will be on October 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what