Unemployment, poverty due to wrong governance: BJP
Bangalore: Observing that politics should be
an instrument for socio-economic transformation, BJP president
Nitin Gadkari on Friday said that India was facing poverty and
unemployment due to "wrong governance".
"India is a rich nation full of poor people. The country
is facing challenges of unemployment and poverty owing to
wrong economic policy and wrong governance," he said.
Delivering his address at the 94th Federation of
Karnataka Chambers of Commerce and Industry, Gadkari also
stressed the need for "development-oriented" approach to
"We need a development-oriented approach to politics,
aimed at development in different levels," he said, adding
that this could be done through constructive thinking, fast
track decision making, transparency, auditing and
accountability and acceleration of the system in the right
The BJP president said that the focus of development
should be on agriculture and its allied industries and called
for the promotion of PPP model to encourage private
entrepreneurs to participate in development projects.
Gadkari also called for an "integrated approach" to
development which included elements of both "progress and
concern for the environment."
"Above all, the need of the hour is a good economic
policy and a strong political will to execute it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?