Unemployment, poverty due to wrong governance: BJP
Bangalore: Observing that politics should be
an instrument for socio-economic transformation, BJP president
Nitin Gadkari on Friday said that India was facing poverty and
unemployment due to "wrong governance".
"India is a rich nation full of poor people. The country
is facing challenges of unemployment and poverty owing to
wrong economic policy and wrong governance," he said.
Delivering his address at the 94th Federation of
Karnataka Chambers of Commerce and Industry, Gadkari also
stressed the need for "development-oriented" approach to
"We need a development-oriented approach to politics,
aimed at development in different levels," he said, adding
that this could be done through constructive thinking, fast
track decision making, transparency, auditing and
accountability and acceleration of the system in the right
The BJP president said that the focus of development
should be on agriculture and its allied industries and called
for the promotion of PPP model to encourage private
entrepreneurs to participate in development projects.
Gadkari also called for an "integrated approach" to
development which included elements of both "progress and
concern for the environment."
"Above all, the need of the hour is a good economic
policy and a strong political will to execute it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali