Unemployment rate among SC, OBC highest in Chandigarh: Report
Chandigarh: The unemployment rate among Scheduled Castes and OBCs in northern states was found to be the highest in Union Territory of Chandigarh, as per the latest labour survey.
The overall unemployment rate was, however, the highest in Jammu and Kashmir, the Annual Employment and Unemployment Survey report for 2012-13 released by Labour Bureau under Union Ministry of Labour and Employment found.
The lowest unemployment rate among SC population was witnessed in Himachal Pradesh, according to the findings of survey.
As per the survey, the unemployment rate per 1000 persons (age group 15 years and above) among SC population was highest in UT Chandigarh at 151, followed by Jammu and Kashmir - 132, Delhi was found at 82, followed by Punjab - 55, Haryana - 42 and Himachal Pradesh - 36, as per report.
In case of OBC population also, UT Chandigarh had the highest unemployment rate of 124, followed by HP - 97, Delhi - 78, Haryana - 52, Punjab - 38 and J&K - 32, as per survey report.
Unemployment rate in general category was found to be highest in J&K at 100, followed by HP - 69, Haryana - 50, Punjab - 48, Delhi - 43 and UT Chandigarh - 40.
In the northern region, the maximum overall unemployment rate was highest in Jammu and Kashmir at 88, followed by Himachal Pradesh - 63, Delhi - 57, UT Chandigarh - 56 and Punjab and Haryana - 48 each, he said.
Unemployment among young generation (age-group 15 to 29 years) in northern region was maximum in Jammu and Kashmir at 241, followed by HP - 177, Delhi - 159, UT Chandigarh - 136, Punjab - 135 and Haryana - 123.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Kerry arrives in India for strategic dialogue; terrorism emanating from Pakistan, visa issues on agenda
- UP polls: Rahul Gandhi to cover 2,500 km, 233 Assembly constituencies, 39 districts, but no big rallies
- Lionel Messi's Argentina return hampered by groin injury, Sergio Aguero too ruled out
- Curfew lifted in Kashmir Valley, Rajnath Singh to head all-party team on Sept 4
- ISS astronaut Jeff Williams shares captivating image of the USA's west coast! - See pic