Unemployment rate among SC, OBC highest in Chandigarh: Report
Chandigarh: The unemployment rate among Scheduled Castes and OBCs in northern states was found to be the highest in Union Territory of Chandigarh, as per the latest labour survey.
The overall unemployment rate was, however, the highest in Jammu and Kashmir, the Annual Employment and Unemployment Survey report for 2012-13 released by Labour Bureau under Union Ministry of Labour and Employment found.
The lowest unemployment rate among SC population was witnessed in Himachal Pradesh, according to the findings of survey.
As per the survey, the unemployment rate per 1000 persons (age group 15 years and above) among SC population was highest in UT Chandigarh at 151, followed by Jammu and Kashmir - 132, Delhi was found at 82, followed by Punjab - 55, Haryana - 42 and Himachal Pradesh - 36, as per report.
In case of OBC population also, UT Chandigarh had the highest unemployment rate of 124, followed by HP - 97, Delhi - 78, Haryana - 52, Punjab - 38 and J&K - 32, as per survey report.
Unemployment rate in general category was found to be highest in J&K at 100, followed by HP - 69, Haryana - 50, Punjab - 48, Delhi - 43 and UT Chandigarh - 40.
In the northern region, the maximum overall unemployment rate was highest in Jammu and Kashmir at 88, followed by Himachal Pradesh - 63, Delhi - 57, UT Chandigarh - 56 and Punjab and Haryana - 48 each, he said.
Unemployment among young generation (age-group 15 to 29 years) in northern region was maximum in Jammu and Kashmir at 241, followed by HP - 177, Delhi - 159, UT Chandigarh - 136, Punjab - 135 and Haryana - 123.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal