Unfair to blame IPL parties: Muralitharan
New Delhi: Rejecting Team India captain MS Dhoni’s charge that Indian Premier League late night after-parties were to blame for his team’s poor performance at the T20 World Cup, Sri Lankan spin wizard Muttiah Muralitharan on Monday said it was not fair to pass the buck.
"I don`t think it`s fair to blame the IPL. As a franchisee, we never attended those parties," said the veteran who plays under Dhoni in the IPL champion side Chennai Super Kings.
India`s flop show notwithstanding, Mahendra Singh Dhoni remains one of the best skippers in international cricket and it is unfair to criticise him on the basis of just one bad tournament, he added.
The world`s highest Test wicket-taker both in Tests and ODIs, Muralitharan said he was amused to see the outrage that greeted India`s early exit from the showpiece event in the West Indies.
"He is one of the best captains. He won the IPL for Chennai Super Kings. A week later India were knocked out of the World Cup and in India when you win you are the best but when you lose you become the worst," he quipped.
"But you cannot become the worst in just a week,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS