Unhappy Yashwant steps down as BJP in-charge of Punjab
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader Yashwant
Sinha, who had raised a banner of revolt immediately after the
party`s debacle in the 2009 Lok Sabha elections, is believed
to have resigned as in-charge of Punjab affairs protesting
against BJP aligning with JMM again to form a government in
BJP sources said Sinha was also apparently unhappy at
not being considered for the post of Chief Minister of the
However, party President Nitin Gadkari said he has not
got any communication from Sinha.
Sinha had attacked the BJP leadership following the
dismal showing of the party in the Lok Sabha polls for not
taking action against those responsible for the poor results
and instead were rewarded.
Sinha, a member of the BJP National Executive, had
also sulked when he was not made chairman of the Public
Accounts Committee of Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes