Unhappy Yashwant steps down as BJP in-charge of Punjab
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader Yashwant
Sinha, who had raised a banner of revolt immediately after the
party`s debacle in the 2009 Lok Sabha elections, is believed
to have resigned as in-charge of Punjab affairs protesting
against BJP aligning with JMM again to form a government in
BJP sources said Sinha was also apparently unhappy at
not being considered for the post of Chief Minister of the
However, party President Nitin Gadkari said he has not
got any communication from Sinha.
Sinha had attacked the BJP leadership following the
dismal showing of the party in the Lok Sabha polls for not
taking action against those responsible for the poor results
and instead were rewarded.
Sinha, a member of the BJP National Executive, had
also sulked when he was not made chairman of the Public
Accounts Committee of Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars