Unhappy Yashwant steps down as BJP in-charge of Punjab
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader Yashwant
Sinha, who had raised a banner of revolt immediately after the
party`s debacle in the 2009 Lok Sabha elections, is believed
to have resigned as in-charge of Punjab affairs protesting
against BJP aligning with JMM again to form a government in
BJP sources said Sinha was also apparently unhappy at
not being considered for the post of Chief Minister of the
However, party President Nitin Gadkari said he has not
got any communication from Sinha.
Sinha had attacked the BJP leadership following the
dismal showing of the party in the Lok Sabha polls for not
taking action against those responsible for the poor results
and instead were rewarded.
Sinha, a member of the BJP National Executive, had
also sulked when he was not made chairman of the Public
Accounts Committee of Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Rain plays havoc in Mumbai; heavy showers predicted for another week
- Anil Kumble dismisses having conflict of interest in becoming coach
- Air India to fly unconfirmed first AC passengers of Rajdhani
- Vijay Mallya to be declared PO if he doesn't turn up by July 27
- 7th CPC: Who else is going to benefit from central govt employees' pay hike?