Unhappy Yashwant steps down as BJP in-charge of Punjab
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader Yashwant
Sinha, who had raised a banner of revolt immediately after the
party`s debacle in the 2009 Lok Sabha elections, is believed
to have resigned as in-charge of Punjab affairs protesting
against BJP aligning with JMM again to form a government in
BJP sources said Sinha was also apparently unhappy at
not being considered for the post of Chief Minister of the
However, party President Nitin Gadkari said he has not
got any communication from Sinha.
Sinha had attacked the BJP leadership following the
dismal showing of the party in the Lok Sabha polls for not
taking action against those responsible for the poor results
and instead were rewarded.
Sinha, a member of the BJP National Executive, had
also sulked when he was not made chairman of the Public
Accounts Committee of Parliament.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know