Unhappy Yashwant steps down as BJP in-charge of Punjab
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader Yashwant
Sinha, who had raised a banner of revolt immediately after the
party`s debacle in the 2009 Lok Sabha elections, is believed
to have resigned as in-charge of Punjab affairs protesting
against BJP aligning with JMM again to form a government in
BJP sources said Sinha was also apparently unhappy at
not being considered for the post of Chief Minister of the
However, party President Nitin Gadkari said he has not
got any communication from Sinha.
Sinha had attacked the BJP leadership following the
dismal showing of the party in the Lok Sabha polls for not
taking action against those responsible for the poor results
and instead were rewarded.
Sinha, a member of the BJP National Executive, had
also sulked when he was not made chairman of the Public
Accounts Committee of Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch