Unidentified caller threatening to kill Katiyar?
Lucknow: BJP vice-president Vinay Katiyar
on Tuesday lodged a complaint in Ayodhya against an unidentified
caller accusing him of threatening to eliminate him within a
week, a senior police officer said here.
In a complaint lodged with Ram Janmbhoomi police station
in Ayodhya, Katiyar has alleged that an unidentified person
called on the mobile numbers of his son and daughter-in-law,
threatening to eliminate the BJP leader within a week,
Inspector General of Police Bhavesh Kumar told reporters here.
A case has been lodged and the matter is being
investigated, Kumar said.
Meanwhile, BJP state president Surya Pratap Shahi asked
the state government to take the incident seriously and
demanded that the security of the senior leader be beefed up
and a high-level enquiry be ordered into the matter.
He warned that the Centre and the state would be
responsible if any untoward incident occurred with Katiyar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far