Unidentified caller threatening to kill Katiyar?
Lucknow: BJP vice-president Vinay Katiyar
on Tuesday lodged a complaint in Ayodhya against an unidentified
caller accusing him of threatening to eliminate him within a
week, a senior police officer said here.
In a complaint lodged with Ram Janmbhoomi police station
in Ayodhya, Katiyar has alleged that an unidentified person
called on the mobile numbers of his son and daughter-in-law,
threatening to eliminate the BJP leader within a week,
Inspector General of Police Bhavesh Kumar told reporters here.
A case has been lodged and the matter is being
investigated, Kumar said.
Meanwhile, BJP state president Surya Pratap Shahi asked
the state government to take the incident seriously and
demanded that the security of the senior leader be beefed up
and a high-level enquiry be ordered into the matter.
He warned that the Centre and the state would be
responsible if any untoward incident occurred with Katiyar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened