Unidentified caller threatening to kill Katiyar?
Lucknow: BJP vice-president Vinay Katiyar
on Tuesday lodged a complaint in Ayodhya against an unidentified
caller accusing him of threatening to eliminate him within a
week, a senior police officer said here.
In a complaint lodged with Ram Janmbhoomi police station
in Ayodhya, Katiyar has alleged that an unidentified person
called on the mobile numbers of his son and daughter-in-law,
threatening to eliminate the BJP leader within a week,
Inspector General of Police Bhavesh Kumar told reporters here.
A case has been lodged and the matter is being
investigated, Kumar said.
Meanwhile, BJP state president Surya Pratap Shahi asked
the state government to take the incident seriously and
demanded that the security of the senior leader be beefed up
and a high-level enquiry be ordered into the matter.
He warned that the Centre and the state would be
responsible if any untoward incident occurred with Katiyar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'