Union Cabinet to discuss GoM report on Telangana Thursday: Shinde
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Wednesday said that the Group of Ministers` (GoM) report on bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh will be discussed in tomorrow`s Union Cabinet meeting.
The Home Minister said that the process has been completed and the cabinet will discuss the recommendations tomorrow.
The acceptance of the proposal will divide Andhra Pradesh equally and the two states would get 21 Lok Sabha seats each, 147 seats each in the assembly and 45 seats in the legislative council.
The GoM had cleared out issues related to distribution of assets, sharing of water, demarcation of boundaries and divisions of officers` cadre. It has also believed to have recommended special status to both the states under Article 371-D of the Constitution.
The meeting of GoM, which is headed by Shinde, remained inconclusive on Tuesday as its members disagreed on certain issues. Ministers AK Antony, P Chidambaram, Veerappa Moily, Ghulam Nabi Azad, Jairam Ramesh and Narayanasamy besides Shinde attended the GoM meeting.
The Congress, YSR Congress and TDP legislators from Andhra Pradesh have opposed the Centre`s proposal to bifurcate the state and the division of Rayalaseema.
It is highly speculated that the GoM had decided to recommend formation of Rayala-Telangana state by merging two of the four districts of Rayalaseema with Telangana, the region which comprises 10 districts including Hyderabad. However, those supporting Telangana have rejected the proposal of both Rayala-Telangana and status of union territory to Hyderabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!