Union Cabinet to discuss GoM report on Telangana Thursday: Shinde
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Wednesday said that the Group of Ministers` (GoM) report on bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh will be discussed in tomorrow`s Union Cabinet meeting.
The Home Minister said that the process has been completed and the cabinet will discuss the recommendations tomorrow.
The acceptance of the proposal will divide Andhra Pradesh equally and the two states would get 21 Lok Sabha seats each, 147 seats each in the assembly and 45 seats in the legislative council.
The GoM had cleared out issues related to distribution of assets, sharing of water, demarcation of boundaries and divisions of officers` cadre. It has also believed to have recommended special status to both the states under Article 371-D of the Constitution.
The meeting of GoM, which is headed by Shinde, remained inconclusive on Tuesday as its members disagreed on certain issues. Ministers AK Antony, P Chidambaram, Veerappa Moily, Ghulam Nabi Azad, Jairam Ramesh and Narayanasamy besides Shinde attended the GoM meeting.
The Congress, YSR Congress and TDP legislators from Andhra Pradesh have opposed the Centre`s proposal to bifurcate the state and the division of Rayalaseema.
It is highly speculated that the GoM had decided to recommend formation of Rayala-Telangana state by merging two of the four districts of Rayalaseema with Telangana, the region which comprises 10 districts including Hyderabad. However, those supporting Telangana have rejected the proposal of both Rayala-Telangana and status of union territory to Hyderabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown