Union Cabinet to get fresh faces?
New Delhi: Reports said on Thursday that fresh faces could be inducted into the Union Cabinet when the next reshuffle of the Council of Ministers takes place.
Sources said the aim of the move would be to change the image and perception of the crisis-ridden government.
According to a leading daily, Manish Tewari, Meenakshi Natrajan, Jyoti Mirdha and Manicka Tagore could be inducted as ministers of state, while senior Congress leader Janardan Dwivedi could become a Cabinet minister.
Among the other possible inductees could be Chiranjeevi and Renuka Chowdhury.
Further, Ministers of State Oscar Fernandes and K Rehman Khan could be elevated to Cabinet rank.
Meanwhile, sources said Salman Khurshid could be moved out of the Minority Affairs Ministry and would continue only as Law Minister.
Kapil Sibal is also expected to lose HRD Ministry and only retain Telecom.
The reshuffle is expected to take place by September-end, before the start of Shraddh period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter