`Union Govt should take tough stand on Lankan Navy attacks`
Kancheepuram: MDMK leader Vaiko on Friday said the Union Government should take a tough stand on alleged attacks by Sri Lankan naval personnel on Indian fishermen.
Speaking to reporters, he referred to External Affairs Minister S M Krishna`s statement that the Sri Lankan Navy shot at only those fishermen who strayed outside Indian territorial waters.
"The Centre should have taken a tough stand and condemned the incidents. Expressing this kind of opinion will only encourage Sri Lankan Navy into continuing such acts," he
He alleged that the Tamil Nadu government was invoking the National Securities Act against those highlighting problems of fishermen from the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- 'WTO's future bright; US ready to up engagement with India'
- SFIO widens Vijay Mallya probe; former top bankers under scanner
- Priyanka Chopra, Saroj Khan honoured at Fempowerment awards
- We should protect and preserve our unity, integrity: PM on GST
- Honda Activa contributes 38% of incremental industry sales in July