`Union Govt should take tough stand on Lankan Navy attacks`
Kancheepuram: MDMK leader Vaiko on Friday said the Union Government should take a tough stand on alleged attacks by Sri Lankan naval personnel on Indian fishermen.
Speaking to reporters, he referred to External Affairs Minister S M Krishna`s statement that the Sri Lankan Navy shot at only those fishermen who strayed outside Indian territorial waters.
"The Centre should have taken a tough stand and condemned the incidents. Expressing this kind of opinion will only encourage Sri Lankan Navy into continuing such acts," he
He alleged that the Tamil Nadu government was invoking the National Securities Act against those highlighting problems of fishermen from the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi