`Union Govt should take tough stand on Lankan Navy attacks`
Kancheepuram: MDMK leader Vaiko on Friday said the Union Government should take a tough stand on alleged attacks by Sri Lankan naval personnel on Indian fishermen.
Speaking to reporters, he referred to External Affairs Minister S M Krishna`s statement that the Sri Lankan Navy shot at only those fishermen who strayed outside Indian territorial waters.
"The Centre should have taken a tough stand and condemned the incidents. Expressing this kind of opinion will only encourage Sri Lankan Navy into continuing such acts," he
He alleged that the Tamil Nadu government was invoking the National Securities Act against those highlighting problems of fishermen from the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof