Union Home Minister reviews situation along border with Pakistan
New Delhi: In the wake of continuous firing from across the LOC and IB, Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Monday reviewed the situation along the border with Pakistan and directed BSF to take all possible steps to ensure security of civilians in the areas subjected to shelling.
At a meeting held at his North Block office here, Singh took stock of the situation along the International Border in Jammu and Kashmir with senior officials and asked BSF to ensure security of civilians living along the border.
The Home Minister, who has already asked BSF to give befitting reply to firing from Pakistan, reviewed deployment of the border guarding force and steps being taken to ensure safety and security of personnel protecting forward posts.
Director General of Border Security Force D K Pathak briefed the Home Minister about the situation along the IB, particularly in Jammu region, where Pakistani forces have been continuously firing towards Indian posts and villages.
Pathak is rushing to Jammu tomorrow and will visit forward posts which are being continuously targeted by Pakistani forces.
The BSF chief told reporters later that his troops will not initiate firing but will give befitting reply if attacked.
"We will also not target civilians," he said.
Sources said Pakistan has increased its force along the border and special force personnel were deployed to target Indian posts and villages.
Extending ceasefire violations to Samba district, Pakistani troops heavily shelled and fired upon 40 Border Out Posts (BoPs) and 24 villages along the International Border in Jammu and Samba districts, leaving three persons injured.
This is the first time that Pakistani Rangers have extended the ceasefire violation to Samba district.
Pakistan targeted BoPs and border hamlets along IB in Arnia, R S Pura, Kanachak, Akhnoor sub-sectors of Jammu district and Ramgarh sector of Samba district.
As per official reports, Pakistan also targeted 24 border villages throughout the night till this morning.
There have been 21 ceasefire violations in less than a fortnight and 23 in August.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon