Union home secretary in Kashmir, meets Omar
Srinagar: Union Home Secretary R.K. Singh Thursday discussed the prevailing law and order situation in Jammu and Kashmir with Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, an official statement said here.
Singh arrived here Thursday afternoon on a two-day visit to Kashmir.
During his stay in the Kashmir Valley, the union home secretary is likely to discuss the security arrangements for this year`s annual Amarnath Yatra, which begins June 25.
He is also scheduled to discuss the problems faced by traders who deal with their counterparts across the Line of Control (LoC) in Pakistan-administered Kashmir.
The cross-LoC trade has been going on since October 2008 on a purely barter basis in the absence of any banking facilities for the traders on the two sides of the LoC.
Local traders have alleged that instead of being a trade between the two parts of the divided Kashmir, the cross-LoC trade has been benefitting traders of Amritsar and Lahore as the trade list does not exclusively detail only the goods produced in Jammu and Kashmir and the Pakistan-administered Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you