Union Minister Kamal Nath among `rural unemployed` in MP
Chhindwara: Strange it may sound but
Union Minister Kamal Nath`s name figures along with Madhya
Pradesh Minister of State for School Education in the list of
rural unemployed people in Chhindwara district.
The names of at least 82 public representatives including
Congress MLA Deepak Saxena, several ex-legislators figure in
the job cards issued under the National Rural Employment
Guarantee Act (NREGA).
"A total of 82 job cards in the name of people`s
representatives including Nath, Mahod, MLA Deepak Saxena and
other MLAs, ex-legislatures and other public representatives
figured in the job cards prepared for the NREGA scheme,"
official sources said today.
The card prepared in the name of Nath has the address of
Shikarpur and also details about his wife and two sons which
clearly establishes that it was of the Union Minister, they
Chief Executive Officer of Chhindwara District Panchayat,
Shriniwas Sharma said that job cards under NREGA scheme can be
prepared of any person living in the villages, but in the case
of cards with the names of Union Minister, MLAs or other
persons was concerned, the matter would be probed thoroughly.
NREGA in-charge I S Thakur when contacted over the issue
said it was a mistake of the agency which was given the work
of preparing job cards of the beneficiaries under the scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured