Union Minister Kamal Nath among `rural unemployed` in MP
Chhindwara: Strange it may sound but
Union Minister Kamal Nath`s name figures along with Madhya
Pradesh Minister of State for School Education in the list of
rural unemployed people in Chhindwara district.
The names of at least 82 public representatives including
Congress MLA Deepak Saxena, several ex-legislators figure in
the job cards issued under the National Rural Employment
Guarantee Act (NREGA).
"A total of 82 job cards in the name of people`s
representatives including Nath, Mahod, MLA Deepak Saxena and
other MLAs, ex-legislatures and other public representatives
figured in the job cards prepared for the NREGA scheme,"
official sources said today.
The card prepared in the name of Nath has the address of
Shikarpur and also details about his wife and two sons which
clearly establishes that it was of the Union Minister, they
Chief Executive Officer of Chhindwara District Panchayat,
Shriniwas Sharma said that job cards under NREGA scheme can be
prepared of any person living in the villages, but in the case
of cards with the names of Union Minister, MLAs or other
persons was concerned, the matter would be probed thoroughly.
NREGA in-charge I S Thakur when contacted over the issue
said it was a mistake of the agency which was given the work
of preparing job cards of the beneficiaries under the scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS