Union Minister lauds CISF
Hyderabad: Central Industrial Security
Force (CISF) has been a pioneer amongst the paramilitary
forces in the field of disaster management, Union Minister of
State for Home Mullapally Ramachandran said on Tuesday.
The force stands ready to offer the first response to
any disaster anywhere in the country, he said.
The Minister was speaking as chief guest at the
Passing out Parade of 24th batch Assistant Commandant (Direct)
and 4th batch Assistant Commandant of CISF at National
Industrial Security Academy (NISA) in Hakimpet here.
The CISF has a list of prestigious clients who have
availed the consultancy services in the fields of physical and
technological security and fire fighting measures. The measure
of the quality of the services being rendered by the CISF can
be gauged by the ever increasing demands being placed in the
organisation, an official release quoted him as saying.
"CISF personnel are also deployed at various sensitive
units in Naxal-affected areas. CISF personnel have been given
difficult task to perform."
Ramachandran said the paramilitary force is also
expected to play a crucial role in smooth conduct of the
upcoming Commonwealth Games in New Delhi.
Later speaking to journalists on the sidelines of the
event, the Minister said Naxalism was the biggest security
challenge the country was facing today and the government was
taking necessary measures to tackle the menace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India