Union Minister lauds CISF
Hyderabad: Central Industrial Security
Force (CISF) has been a pioneer amongst the paramilitary
forces in the field of disaster management, Union Minister of
State for Home Mullapally Ramachandran said on Tuesday.
The force stands ready to offer the first response to
any disaster anywhere in the country, he said.
The Minister was speaking as chief guest at the
Passing out Parade of 24th batch Assistant Commandant (Direct)
and 4th batch Assistant Commandant of CISF at National
Industrial Security Academy (NISA) in Hakimpet here.
The CISF has a list of prestigious clients who have
availed the consultancy services in the fields of physical and
technological security and fire fighting measures. The measure
of the quality of the services being rendered by the CISF can
be gauged by the ever increasing demands being placed in the
organisation, an official release quoted him as saying.
"CISF personnel are also deployed at various sensitive
units in Naxal-affected areas. CISF personnel have been given
difficult task to perform."
Ramachandran said the paramilitary force is also
expected to play a crucial role in smooth conduct of the
upcoming Commonwealth Games in New Delhi.
Later speaking to journalists on the sidelines of the
event, the Minister said Naxalism was the biggest security
challenge the country was facing today and the government was
taking necessary measures to tackle the menace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH