Union ministers meet PM demanding `justice` for Seemandhra
New Delhi: A section of Union ministers from Andhra Pradesh on Monday met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to convey concerns arising out of bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and demanded justice for Seemandhra people.
"We met the Prime Minister seeking justice for Seemandhra region," Union Minister of State for Finance JD Seelam said.
"We explained the situation arising against the backdrop of carving out Telangana," he added.
The meeting with the Prime Minister follows last week`s discussions between Union ministers from Seemandhra region and Petroleum Minister M Veerappa Moily, who is part of the Group of Ministers looking into the bifurcation process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach