Union ministers meet PM demanding `justice` for Seemandhra
New Delhi: A section of Union ministers from Andhra Pradesh on Monday met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to convey concerns arising out of bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and demanded justice for Seemandhra people.
"We met the Prime Minister seeking justice for Seemandhra region," Union Minister of State for Finance JD Seelam said.
"We explained the situation arising against the backdrop of carving out Telangana," he added.
The meeting with the Prime Minister follows last week`s discussions between Union ministers from Seemandhra region and Petroleum Minister M Veerappa Moily, who is part of the Group of Ministers looking into the bifurcation process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- DNA : Today in History, 26th July, 2016