Union ministers meet PM demanding `justice` for Seemandhra
New Delhi: A section of Union ministers from Andhra Pradesh on Monday met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to convey concerns arising out of bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and demanded justice for Seemandhra people.
"We met the Prime Minister seeking justice for Seemandhra region," Union Minister of State for Finance JD Seelam said.
"We explained the situation arising against the backdrop of carving out Telangana," he added.
The meeting with the Prime Minister follows last week`s discussions between Union ministers from Seemandhra region and Petroleum Minister M Veerappa Moily, who is part of the Group of Ministers looking into the bifurcation process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress