Union ministers meet PM demanding `justice` for Seemandhra
New Delhi: A section of Union ministers from Andhra Pradesh on Monday met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to convey concerns arising out of bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and demanded justice for Seemandhra people.
"We met the Prime Minister seeking justice for Seemandhra region," Union Minister of State for Finance JD Seelam said.
"We explained the situation arising against the backdrop of carving out Telangana," he added.
The meeting with the Prime Minister follows last week`s discussions between Union ministers from Seemandhra region and Petroleum Minister M Veerappa Moily, who is part of the Group of Ministers looking into the bifurcation process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown