Union ministers meet PM demanding `justice` for Seemandhra
New Delhi: A section of Union ministers from Andhra Pradesh on Monday met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to convey concerns arising out of bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and demanded justice for Seemandhra people.
"We met the Prime Minister seeking justice for Seemandhra region," Union Minister of State for Finance JD Seelam said.
"We explained the situation arising against the backdrop of carving out Telangana," he added.
The meeting with the Prime Minister follows last week`s discussions between Union ministers from Seemandhra region and Petroleum Minister M Veerappa Moily, who is part of the Group of Ministers looking into the bifurcation process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins