Unique protest against FDI in retail
New Delhi: It was a protest with a difference where senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi on Sunday joined traders in blowing horns to drive home a message that the government has become "deaf and dumb" to voices against FDI.
The protest was organised by the Confederation of All India Traders (CAIT) at Jantar Mantar here against the Centre`s decision to allow FDI in retail with businessmen alleging that the government was "sensitive to the needs of MNCs and insensitive to voices of the people".
Later talking to reporters, Joshi attacked the government and said, "Congress is not realising the total and complete opposition to FDI in retail. They are trying to mislead people. The fact is they brought FDI in retail under foreign pressure."
Referring to today`s Congress rally at the Ramlila Maidan here, he said Congress just wants to show they have "some support" in the country.
"We want to tell people that the government is highly insensitive to the plight of farmers and small traders. The opposition to FDI by traders is like playing the proverbial flute before a buffalo," Joshi remarked.
"Just as a buffalo is not sensitive to music, the same way this government is mute to the voice of the masses," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’