Unite to fight corruption, Digvijay tells MPs
New Delhi: With the Parliament set to debate the contentious Lokpal bill Tuesday, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh called it an opportunity for parliamentarians to show their unity against corruption.
"Today the Lokpal Bill is being debated. An opportunity for Parliamentarians to show to the World that they are united to fight corruption," Digvijay Singh said on Twitter.
Taking a dig at Team Anna, which is staging an agitation for a strong Lokpal in Mumbai and Delhi, the Congress leader said they were being "cruel" asking unwell Anna Hazare to fast.
"For a change shouldn`t Kejriwal, Kiran Bedi and the Bhushans fast instead of making Anna fast even when is unwell. Team Anna being cruel," he said in another post on Twitter.
Anna Hazare starts his three-day-fast at Mumbai`s MMRDA ground Tuesday.
With IANS Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- GST promises to boost GDP growth rates by up to 2%: President
- Vodafone to start e-KYC from Aug 24 for instant SIM activation
- Belgian jazz musician Toots Thielemans dies at 94
- Finance Ministry expects new RBI Governor Urjit Patel to push growth while checking inflation
- Tata Motors launches two new commercial vehicles in Indonesia