Unite to fight corruption, Digvijay tells MPs
New Delhi: With the Parliament set to debate the contentious Lokpal bill Tuesday, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh called it an opportunity for parliamentarians to show their unity against corruption.
"Today the Lokpal Bill is being debated. An opportunity for Parliamentarians to show to the World that they are united to fight corruption," Digvijay Singh said on Twitter.
Taking a dig at Team Anna, which is staging an agitation for a strong Lokpal in Mumbai and Delhi, the Congress leader said they were being "cruel" asking unwell Anna Hazare to fast.
"For a change shouldn`t Kejriwal, Kiran Bedi and the Bhushans fast instead of making Anna fast even when is unwell. Team Anna being cruel," he said in another post on Twitter.
Anna Hazare starts his three-day-fast at Mumbai`s MMRDA ground Tuesday.
With IANS Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir