United NDA needed to defeat Congress: Sushma Swaraj
New Delhi: With a split in the Bharatiya Janata Party and the Janata Dal-United appearing imminent, BJP leader Sushma Swaraj on Friday stressed that National Democratic Alliance (NDA) needed to be together to defeat the Congress.
"Only a united opposition can defeat Congress. Whenever opposition got united, Congress was defeated," tweeted Sushma Swaraj, the leader of opposition in the Lok Sabha.
"Therefore, NDA`s unity is a historical necessity. We must do everything to keep NDA united," she said.
Janata Dal-United (JD-U) is upset over BJP leader and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s elevation to the post of the party`s campaign manager for 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
While the rift has publicly surfaced, the BJP so far maintained that the coalition is intact "for now".
Asked about the possibility of a split, BJP vice president Mukhtar Ababs Naqvi said the Bihar government is "functioning so far".
Party leader Ravishankar Prasad, meanwhile, said: "Our relationship is 18 years old, this whole idea came into being with a collective wish to ensure good governance in Bihar."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack