Unknown man sends forged letter to Sibal in minister`s name
New Delhi: An unidentified person had sent a letter to Telecom and HRD Minister Kapil Sibal using a forged letter head of Commerce Minister Anand Sharma in March and efforts are on to trace him, police said on Monday.
An FIR in this regard was registered last week after a complaint filed by Director of Vigilance Department in the Ministry of Commerce.
In the complaint, the senior official said an unknown person had sent a letter to Sibal using a letter head which said Sharma was a state foreign minister.
"The imposter has used a letter head mentioning Anand Sharma`s designation as Member of Parliament (Rajya Sabha) and State Foreign Minister, Government of India in a letter dated January 21, 2012, which reaffirms its forged nature," the complaint said.
Sharma has been the Commerce Ministry since 2009, prior to which he was Minister of State for External Affairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev