Unknown man sends forged letter to Sibal in minister`s name
New Delhi: An unidentified person had sent a letter to Telecom and HRD Minister Kapil Sibal using a forged letter head of Commerce Minister Anand Sharma in March and efforts are on to trace him, police said on Monday.
An FIR in this regard was registered last week after a complaint filed by Director of Vigilance Department in the Ministry of Commerce.
In the complaint, the senior official said an unknown person had sent a letter to Sibal using a letter head which said Sharma was a state foreign minister.
"The imposter has used a letter head mentioning Anand Sharma`s designation as Member of Parliament (Rajya Sabha) and State Foreign Minister, Government of India in a letter dated January 21, 2012, which reaffirms its forged nature," the complaint said.
Sharma has been the Commerce Ministry since 2009, prior to which he was Minister of State for External Affairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets