Unknown man sends forged letter to Sibal in minister`s name
New Delhi: An unidentified person had sent a letter to Telecom and HRD Minister Kapil Sibal using a forged letter head of Commerce Minister Anand Sharma in March and efforts are on to trace him, police said on Monday.
An FIR in this regard was registered last week after a complaint filed by Director of Vigilance Department in the Ministry of Commerce.
In the complaint, the senior official said an unknown person had sent a letter to Sibal using a letter head which said Sharma was a state foreign minister.
"The imposter has used a letter head mentioning Anand Sharma`s designation as Member of Parliament (Rajya Sabha) and State Foreign Minister, Government of India in a letter dated January 21, 2012, which reaffirms its forged nature," the complaint said.
Sharma has been the Commerce Ministry since 2009, prior to which he was Minister of State for External Affairs.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'