Unknown man sends forged letter to Sibal in minister`s name
New Delhi: An unidentified person had sent a letter to Telecom and HRD Minister Kapil Sibal using a forged letter head of Commerce Minister Anand Sharma in March and efforts are on to trace him, police said on Monday.
An FIR in this regard was registered last week after a complaint filed by Director of Vigilance Department in the Ministry of Commerce.
In the complaint, the senior official said an unknown person had sent a letter to Sibal using a letter head which said Sharma was a state foreign minister.
"The imposter has used a letter head mentioning Anand Sharma`s designation as Member of Parliament (Rajya Sabha) and State Foreign Minister, Government of India in a letter dated January 21, 2012, which reaffirms its forged nature," the complaint said.
Sharma has been the Commerce Ministry since 2009, prior to which he was Minister of State for External Affairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack