Untraceable for 2 days, CVC Thomas found in church
New Delhi: At a time when the UPA government was making frantic efforts to make PJ Thomas quit as the Central Vigilance Commissioner of India, the corruption-accused official seems to have turned to God for help.
As per an exclusive report by Zee News, Thomas was untraceable for two days before the Supreme Court was to pronounce its verdict in connection with a case related to his appointment as the CVC.
Nobody had any clue about his whereabouts and he was finally traced to a church by the Intelligence Bureau sleuths.
When contacted by a government emissary later, Thomas told him that “God was with him and he would win the case in Supreme Court.”
Not only this, the beleaguered bureaucrat had even refused to take any calls from the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) and the Home Ministry.
It is to be noted that the Supreme Court today struck down the appointment of Thomas as CVC, holding that the recommendation made by the high-powered panel did not consider the relevant material and, therefore, its advice "does not exist in law".
Even after the apex court has quashed his appointment as CVC, Thomas has refused to quit and his erratic behaviour is further embarrassing the ruling side.
Perturbed over his erratic behaviour, a senior minister has reacted by saying, ``What kind of mindset does he (Thomas) possess at this point with this kind of behaviour to do his sensitive job``.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi