UP BJP MLA Sangeet Som threatens cops of `bawaal` over tardy murder probe
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Controversial BJP MLA Sangeet Som courted controversy after he threatened police officers of creating unrest if they don`t take proper action in the Bhudhana double murder case.
Som, who is an accused in Muzaffarnagar riots, was caught on camera warning the cops .
"Complete justice must be done. We are not in a mood of creating `bawaal`, but if the matter is not taken care of then I will create such ruckus here that no one will be able to handle it,” he said.
An 18-year-old girl and her cousin brother had gone missing from their village in Budhana district. The girl`s body was recovered from a nearby forest while her cousin`s body was found a well.
There has been widespread anger in the region over the murders.
Sangeet Som had gone to Budhana to check the progress of the case.
Som had spent time in prison after was booked under the stringent National Security Act over the Muzaffarnagar riots. He had allegedly circulated a fake video on social media that fueled tension before the riots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement