UP BJP MLA Sangeet Som threatens cops of `bawaal` over tardy murder probe
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Controversial BJP MLA Sangeet Som courted controversy after he threatened police officers of creating unrest if they don`t take proper action in the Bhudhana double murder case.
Som, who is an accused in Muzaffarnagar riots, was caught on camera warning the cops .
"Complete justice must be done. We are not in a mood of creating `bawaal`, but if the matter is not taken care of then I will create such ruckus here that no one will be able to handle it,” he said.
An 18-year-old girl and her cousin brother had gone missing from their village in Budhana district. The girl`s body was recovered from a nearby forest while her cousin`s body was found a well.
There has been widespread anger in the region over the murders.
Sangeet Som had gone to Budhana to check the progress of the case.
Som had spent time in prison after was booked under the stringent National Security Act over the Muzaffarnagar riots. He had allegedly circulated a fake video on social media that fueled tension before the riots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM