UP bridge issue figures in LS
New Delhi: The issue of a Union Minister being stopped from inspecting a bridge in Rae Bareli in Uttar Pradesh on Thursday found an echo in the Lok Sabha.
As the House met for the day, Congress and Samajwadi Party members were on their feet demanding that they be allowed to raise the issue.
Deputy Speaker Karia Munda asked them to raise the matter during Zero Hour but the member were unrelenting.
SP members led by Shailendra Kumar trooped into the Well demanding that they be allowed to raise the matter though Munda had already taken up the Question Hour.
When some Congress members including Jagdambika Pal and Panna Lal Punia tried to make their way to the Well, they were sent back by Leader of the House Pranab Mukherjee.
The Question Hour proceeded after the members agreed to raise the issue during Zero Hour.
Minister of State for Surface Transport RPN Singh was stopped by police at Munshiganj while he was on his way to inspect a bridge connecting Rae Bareli and Fatehpur district.
The bridge over the Ganga river was reportedly scheduled to be inaugurated by Congress President Sonia Gandhi. However, Uttar Pradesh PWD Minister Naseemuddin Siddiqui hurriedly inaugurated the bridge at a function in Lucknow yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof