UP bridge issue figures in LS
New Delhi: The issue of a Union Minister being stopped from inspecting a bridge in Rae Bareli in Uttar Pradesh on Thursday found an echo in the Lok Sabha.
As the House met for the day, Congress and Samajwadi Party members were on their feet demanding that they be allowed to raise the issue.
Deputy Speaker Karia Munda asked them to raise the matter during Zero Hour but the member were unrelenting.
SP members led by Shailendra Kumar trooped into the Well demanding that they be allowed to raise the matter though Munda had already taken up the Question Hour.
When some Congress members including Jagdambika Pal and Panna Lal Punia tried to make their way to the Well, they were sent back by Leader of the House Pranab Mukherjee.
The Question Hour proceeded after the members agreed to raise the issue during Zero Hour.
Minister of State for Surface Transport RPN Singh was stopped by police at Munshiganj while he was on his way to inspect a bridge connecting Rae Bareli and Fatehpur district.
The bridge over the Ganga river was reportedly scheduled to be inaugurated by Congress President Sonia Gandhi. However, Uttar Pradesh PWD Minister Naseemuddin Siddiqui hurriedly inaugurated the bridge at a function in Lucknow yesterday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India