UP: BSP MLA accused of murder
New Delhi: Spelling more troubles for Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati, one more BSP MLA has been accused of murder and abduction.
This is the second such case after BSP MLA from Banda, Purushottam Dwivedi was accused of raping a minor girl and then implicating her in a false theft case.
According to reports, state minister Thakur Jaiveer Singh has been accused of murdering two persons - one of them a Junior Engineer in the Minor Irrigation Department.
The family members of the victims and some local protestors had blocked the convoy of Chief Minister Mayawati in Salaimpur village on Saturday demanding strict against the minister.
Jaiveer Singh, who looks after Rural Engineering Services, also faces charges of abduction as one local BSP leader has complained that her husband was abducted by him and his accomplices.
The police, however, arrested three women – Suman, Sunita and Chandrawati - for breaking the Chief Minister’s security cordon.
The allegations against her party MLAs have come as a major embarrassment for Mayawati, who has now asked senior ministers to probe charges against Singh.
The Opposition parties, which have long accused the BSP government of failing to curb lawlessness in the state, have decided to raise the issue in the State Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video