UP court asks police to probe allegation against Amitabh
Barabanki (UP): A local court on Monday asked
the police to probe a charge levelled by a village head
against Amitabh Bachchan and five others over delay in setting
up a college named after the megastar`s daughter-in-law
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate (Fast Track) Shiv
Chand directed the Mohamadpur Khala police to look into the
complaint filed by Daulatpur village head Raj Kumari, and
submit a report on June 10.
On behalf of Raj Kumari, her son Avnindra Singh had last
week moved the court for filing a case against Bachchan and
five others, alleging that the actor had "cheated" people by
announcing setting up of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Mahavidyala
Degree College in the village, whereas no work has started
even after the announcement made two years back.
Bachchan had purchased 16 bighas of land in Daulatpur
village in Fatehpur tehsil of the district in two phases -- in
2006 and 2007 -- and had announced setting up of the college.
A foundation laying ceremony and a public meeting was
also held there in 2008 in the presence of the Bachchan
family, SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and then general
secretary Amar Singh.
According to the complaint, the works for the college as
per the announcements had to be carried out by Nishtha
foundation of then SP MP Jaya Prada. "Whenever we tried to
contact Devendra Rai of the Nishtha foundation he has
threatened us," the complainant said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued