UP government constitutes Ganga river conservation authority
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government today
constituted UP State Ganga River Conservation Authority on the
lines of Gang Basic Authority constituted by the Centre.
Making a formal announcement regarding constitution of
a state body, Chief Minister Mayawati directed officials to
ensure that sewage was not disposed off in Ganga and its
tributaries without treatment.
During a review meeting held here, she asked officials to
prepare a sewage treatment plan for Allahabad, Varanasi and
Kanpur upto year 2025 and get required funds from the Centre
at the earliest.
The UP CM directed that experts should be inducted in the
newly constituted authority, so that their opinion could be
taken in making Ganga pollution free.
She told municipal commissioners of Allahabad, Varanasi
and Kanpur to make alternative arrangements to check pollution
in Ganga before sewage treatment plants are set up.
Directing the officials not to allow any new tannery
in Jajmau, she said that the officers should ensure that
tanneries do not dispose off their waste in the river without
She said that action should be taken against tanneries
under Pollution Control Act for disposing off their waste in
the river without primary treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow