UP government constitutes Ganga river conservation authority
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government today
constituted UP State Ganga River Conservation Authority on the
lines of Gang Basic Authority constituted by the Centre.
Making a formal announcement regarding constitution of
a state body, Chief Minister Mayawati directed officials to
ensure that sewage was not disposed off in Ganga and its
tributaries without treatment.
During a review meeting held here, she asked officials to
prepare a sewage treatment plan for Allahabad, Varanasi and
Kanpur upto year 2025 and get required funds from the Centre
at the earliest.
The UP CM directed that experts should be inducted in the
newly constituted authority, so that their opinion could be
taken in making Ganga pollution free.
She told municipal commissioners of Allahabad, Varanasi
and Kanpur to make alternative arrangements to check pollution
in Ganga before sewage treatment plants are set up.
Directing the officials not to allow any new tannery
in Jajmau, she said that the officers should ensure that
tanneries do not dispose off their waste in the river without
She said that action should be taken against tanneries
under Pollution Control Act for disposing off their waste in
the river without primary treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi