UP govt blames ITBP officials for rampage
Lucknow/Bareilly: The Uttar Pradesh
government on Tuesday blamed ITBP officials for the rampage by
paramilitary aspirants, saying there was no coordination with
the district administration and poor management at the camp.
"The ITBP did not coordinate with the district
administration. Due to improper arrangement made by them, the
aspirants, whose number was about 1.5 lakh went on the
rampage," an official spokesman said here.
For the recruitment of tradesman, ITBP had sought
applications from 11 states. Till yesterday, 80,000 aspirants
had arrived in Bareilly and their number increased to about
1.5 lakh today, he said.
Earlier, in the day tension broke out in Bukhara
village of Bareilly when thousands of ITBP aspirants went on a
rampage, torched a number of vehicles and pelted stones after
they failed to submit their forms due to alleged mismanagement
by the authorities.
Thousand of youths, who had gathered at the camp to
submit their recruitment forms and obtain a token for physical
test, failed to get their forms deposited, sources said here.
Soon after that, they went on a rampage and torched
seven buses including five of roadways, a petrol pump and a
number of two-wheelers and indulged in brick batting, they
"ITBP had not informed the administration that they
had sought application from 11 states. They also have not
expected that such a large number of aspirants would arrive
and failed to devise a plan to cater to such a situation," the
The ITBP officials also did not inform the district
administration. They just gave routine information, which
lacked details to the local police. They did not inform state
headquarter about any such recruitment drive, he said.
He said that ITBP had now informed the aspirants that
they can send their forms through post and they had been given
one month’s time for the same.
"The aspirants will be called later on separate dates
by ITBP after making arrangements."
The agitating youths also pelted stones on AIR and
Senior officials of the administration and police have
reached the spot and situation was stated to be under control.
Six additional companies of PAC has been provided to
maintain law and order, the spokesman said.
The aspirants had last night clashed with farmers
over plucking of sugarcane from their fields.
After the farmers objected to their behaviour, the
aspirants torched the cane fields following which the farmers
opened fire at them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack