UP govt did not act on Centre`s warnings: Shriprakash Jaiswal
Raipur: Union Coal Minister Shriprakash Jaiswal on Monday accused the Akhilesh Yadav government in Uttar Pradesh of failing to act on warnings by Centre about the designs to instigate communal violence in the state.
"The Union Home Ministry has been alerting the state government for a long time that attempts can be made to disturb communal harmony in UP. It is unfortunate that the state government did not take serious steps, otherwise it (the riots in Muzaffarnagar) could have been averted," Jasiwal said here.
He was here to attend the concluding ceremony of three- day 30th plenary session of Indian National Trade Union Congress (INTUC).
"Presently it is the duty of every responsible person to control the situation there at any cost. Therefore I would not like to extensively comment on it. But the serious law and order situation in UP is revealed by these incidents," he said.
On a question about missing files of coal-block allocation scam, he said, "The search is on. An inter-ministerial committee has been constituted. Those documents which will be found will be handed over to CBI, and as to the rest, CBI would register an FIR."
Jaiswal also hit out at BJP government in Chhattisgarh and said, "When the state government cannot control alleged corruption in mining. When it cannot provide safety to senior Congress leaders (who were killed in Darbha Naxal attack), then one can imagine the condition of the government here."
About the projection of Rahul Gandhi as Congress`s Prime Ministerial candidate, he said, "Congress workers see Rahul Gandhi as an ideal choice but it is upto him to decide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25