UP, Gujarat top in utilising mid-day meal foodgrains
New Delhi: Uttar Pradesh, Karnataka,
Gujarat, Orissa and Himachal Pradesh are among the
front-ranking states in terms of utilisation of foodgrains
under the mid-day meal scheme.
These states along with Jammu and Kashmir, Rajasthan,
Mizoram and Meghalaya utilised between 85-100 per cent
foodgrains during the last financial year, a national-level
conference of the State Education Secretaries revealed today.
The two-day conference which began here today to discuss
issues like procedure of fund release, coverage of un-aided
schools under the scheme and study of food norms, has also
revealed that Sikkim, Nagaland and Tripura have utilised over
100 per cent of the foodgrain stock allocated to these states.
In case of Tripura, the utilisation level is as high as
141 per cent.
"The figures are a pointer to the fact that despite
several problems and irregularities, the states were willing
to bring in efficiency in the mid-day meal scheme," said an
The utilisation level in case of Maharashtra, Andhra
Pradesh, Kerala, Uttarakhand, Assam, Chhattisgarh, Punjab and
Jharkhand ranged between 75 to 85 per cent.
The utilisation level in case of West Bengal, Bihar,
Tamil Nadu, Goa, Chandigarh and Delhi was, however, in the
range of 50 to 75 per cent. Delhi could only utilise 61 per
cent of the foodgrain allocated to it, the meeting revealed.
HED Minister Kapil Sibal is slated to address the
conference on the concluding day tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city