UP: SP to protest FDI in Parliament
Lucknow: Claiming itself to be true "well-wisher" of farmers and traders, Samajwadi party Monday said that it would protest FDI in Parliament.
"In the interest of country and people, SP will protest FDI in parliament. Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has already said that he will not implement FDI in Uttar Pradesh," SP spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury said here.
After implementation of FDI, a number of laws related to labour, commerce and tax will have to be changed, Chowdhry said, adding that it would also increase exploitation of labour due to "mall culture".
Chowdhury said that his party was committed for the interest of farmers and about four crore retailers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors