UP: SP to protest FDI in Parliament
Lucknow: Claiming itself to be true "well-wisher" of farmers and traders, Samajwadi party Monday said that it would protest FDI in Parliament.
"In the interest of country and people, SP will protest FDI in parliament. Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has already said that he will not implement FDI in Uttar Pradesh," SP spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury said here.
After implementation of FDI, a number of laws related to labour, commerce and tax will have to be changed, Chowdhry said, adding that it would also increase exploitation of labour due to "mall culture".
Chowdhury said that his party was committed for the interest of farmers and about four crore retailers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling