UP: SP to protest FDI in Parliament
Lucknow: Claiming itself to be true "well-wisher" of farmers and traders, Samajwadi party Monday said that it would protest FDI in Parliament.
"In the interest of country and people, SP will protest FDI in parliament. Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has already said that he will not implement FDI in Uttar Pradesh," SP spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury said here.
After implementation of FDI, a number of laws related to labour, commerce and tax will have to be changed, Chowdhry said, adding that it would also increase exploitation of labour due to "mall culture".
Chowdhury said that his party was committed for the interest of farmers and about four crore retailers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!