UP: SP to protest FDI in Parliament
Lucknow: Claiming itself to be true "well-wisher" of farmers and traders, Samajwadi party Monday said that it would protest FDI in Parliament.
"In the interest of country and people, SP will protest FDI in parliament. Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has already said that he will not implement FDI in Uttar Pradesh," SP spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury said here.
After implementation of FDI, a number of laws related to labour, commerce and tax will have to be changed, Chowdhry said, adding that it would also increase exploitation of labour due to "mall culture".
Chowdhury said that his party was committed for the interest of farmers and about four crore retailers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt