UP: SP to protest FDI in Parliament
Lucknow: Claiming itself to be true "well-wisher" of farmers and traders, Samajwadi party Monday said that it would protest FDI in Parliament.
"In the interest of country and people, SP will protest FDI in parliament. Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has already said that he will not implement FDI in Uttar Pradesh," SP spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury said here.
After implementation of FDI, a number of laws related to labour, commerce and tax will have to be changed, Chowdhry said, adding that it would also increase exploitation of labour due to "mall culture".
Chowdhury said that his party was committed for the interest of farmers and about four crore retailers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Hillary Clinton e-mail scandal: FBI discovers 15,000 more e-mails
- British police intercept drones flying drugs, cell phones into London prison
- My writing will never be the same, says author Perumal Murugan
- Japan's first lady makes first visit to Pearl Harbor
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Pakistan