UP student barred from Board exams for slur on Mayawati
Muzaffarnagar: The UP Board of High School and Intermediate Education has cancelled the candidature of a class XII student and barred him from appearing in future board exams for allegedly making derogatory remarks against Chief Minister Mayawati in his answer sheet, official sources said.
Two Principals and five staff have also been suspended in this connection, they added.
The incident came to light when the answer sheets of Kayamuddin Ansari, a student of Inter College in Devariya district, was being evaluated here in April.
Ansari wrote some insulting remarks in his answer sheets after he was allegedly given the question paper of Sanskrit instead of his option for English on the day of examination. The UP Board had subsequently ordered an inquiry into the matter.
Ansari has now been barred from appearing in any exam in the state by the Board.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation