UP teen case: HC directs CB-CID to submit full report
New Delhi: The Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court on Friday directed Crime Branch of Uttar Pradesh CID to submit a comprehensive report on the status of investigation into the murder and alleged rape of a 14-year-old girl in Lakhimpur Kheri district.
The court also fixed July 4 as the next date for hearing in the case in response to a PIL demanding a CBI probe into the incident.
Coming down hard on the Uttar Pradesh government, the court also asked why properties of the suspected accused have not been attached under Section 82-83 of the IPC.
The CB-CID, after presenting its status report, also sought time to study the forensic report to be able to come to a definite conclusion.
Meanwhile, the lawyer representing victim’s family held before the court that a CBI probe be initiated into the matter at the earliest since it has now been established that attempts were being made to tamper with the evidence by suspected policemen.
14-year-old Sonam was found dead, hung to a tree at the Nighaasan police station.
The first autopsy had termed the cause of death as asphyxia, but after protests by her family and opposition parties a second autopsy was conducted which concluded that she was murdered but did not confirm rape.
The CB-CID report is expected to throw more light on the case, especially on the motive behind the dastardly act.
In the CB-CID report, there are indications that Sonam’s killers tried to rape her before they murdered her.
Key accused in the case, Constable Vinay Singh, and other suspects have been absconding since the day of the murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla