UP: Three policemen booked for youth`s death
Lucknow: Cases have beenr registered against three policemen in Uttar Pradesh after a youth, detained on charges of assaulting a relative, died shortly after being released from their custody, police said Thursday.
Sandeep Kumar, 28, a resident of Dhanpatganj area in Sultanpur, about 150 km from here, died Wednesday, hours after being released from Kurebhar police station, said his father Vijay Kumar.
Vijay alleged that his son was bleeding and writhing in pain after he returned.
"We have registered a case against the Station House Officer Abhimanyu Singh and two constables," Senior Superintendent of Police Govind Agarwal told reporters here.
A magisterial probe has been ordered by the district magistrate, he said.
Sandeep was detained Tuesday on charges of assaulting one of his relatives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing