`Up to Rahul to decide on more responsibility`
Nagpur: Senior Congress leader and Union minister M Veerappa Moily on Friday said Rahul Gandhi is like a "magnet" for party workers and it was up to him to decide on a larger role for himself.
Rahul, a general secretary, is like a "magnet who is attracting party workers and activists", he told reporters here.
He is doing well in strengthening Youth Congress which has benefited from his "dynamic" leadership, Moily said.
On the 42-year-old Amethi MP taking up more responsibility like becoming a minister, Moily said it was up to him to take a decision in this regard and no one else can have a say on the issue.
He said Congress president Sonia Gandhi and Rahul are engaged in building the party and they are of great strength to both the party and the UPA government led by it.
Asked about party leader Salman Khurshid`s controversial remark on Congress` affairs, Moily said his Cabinet colleague has already issued a clarification and there was no need for him to comment further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre