`Up to Rahul to decide on more responsibility`
Nagpur: Senior Congress leader and Union minister M Veerappa Moily on Friday said Rahul Gandhi is like a "magnet" for party workers and it was up to him to decide on a larger role for himself.
Rahul, a general secretary, is like a "magnet who is attracting party workers and activists", he told reporters here.
He is doing well in strengthening Youth Congress which has benefited from his "dynamic" leadership, Moily said.
On the 42-year-old Amethi MP taking up more responsibility like becoming a minister, Moily said it was up to him to take a decision in this regard and no one else can have a say on the issue.
He said Congress president Sonia Gandhi and Rahul are engaged in building the party and they are of great strength to both the party and the UPA government led by it.
Asked about party leader Salman Khurshid`s controversial remark on Congress` affairs, Moily said his Cabinet colleague has already issued a clarification and there was no need for him to comment further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof