`Up to Rahul to decide on more responsibility`
Nagpur: Senior Congress leader and Union minister M Veerappa Moily on Friday said Rahul Gandhi is like a "magnet" for party workers and it was up to him to decide on a larger role for himself.
Rahul, a general secretary, is like a "magnet who is attracting party workers and activists", he told reporters here.
He is doing well in strengthening Youth Congress which has benefited from his "dynamic" leadership, Moily said.
On the 42-year-old Amethi MP taking up more responsibility like becoming a minister, Moily said it was up to him to take a decision in this regard and no one else can have a say on the issue.
He said Congress president Sonia Gandhi and Rahul are engaged in building the party and they are of great strength to both the party and the UPA government led by it.
Asked about party leader Salman Khurshid`s controversial remark on Congress` affairs, Moily said his Cabinet colleague has already issued a clarification and there was no need for him to comment further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why