`Up to Rahul to decide on more responsibility`
Nagpur: Senior Congress leader and Union minister M Veerappa Moily on Friday said Rahul Gandhi is like a "magnet" for party workers and it was up to him to decide on a larger role for himself.
Rahul, a general secretary, is like a "magnet who is attracting party workers and activists", he told reporters here.
He is doing well in strengthening Youth Congress which has benefited from his "dynamic" leadership, Moily said.
On the 42-year-old Amethi MP taking up more responsibility like becoming a minister, Moily said it was up to him to take a decision in this regard and no one else can have a say on the issue.
He said Congress president Sonia Gandhi and Rahul are engaged in building the party and they are of great strength to both the party and the UPA government led by it.
Asked about party leader Salman Khurshid`s controversial remark on Congress` affairs, Moily said his Cabinet colleague has already issued a clarification and there was no need for him to comment further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!