UP tops among states in ragging incidents
Muzaffarnagar: Uttar Pradesh has topped the
list of states with the maximum number of ragging cases in
2010, as out of a total 658 cases reported nationwide, 131
were from the state.
Replying to a query under the Right to Information Act
filed by Kush Kalra, the Human Resource Development Ministry
said that after UP, West Bengal reported the second highest
number of 86 cases.
Maximum cases of ragging were reported from engineering
colleges, 333 out of 658 in the country, the report said.
Out of 658 cases of ragging, 594 were reported against
boys and rest 64 against girls, it said.
Manipur stood last in the list.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi