UP tops among states in ragging incidents
Muzaffarnagar: Uttar Pradesh has topped the
list of states with the maximum number of ragging cases in
2010, as out of a total 658 cases reported nationwide, 131
were from the state.
Replying to a query under the Right to Information Act
filed by Kush Kalra, the Human Resource Development Ministry
said that after UP, West Bengal reported the second highest
number of 86 cases.
Maximum cases of ragging were reported from engineering
colleges, 333 out of 658 in the country, the report said.
Out of 658 cases of ragging, 594 were reported against
boys and rest 64 against girls, it said.
Manipur stood last in the list.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj