UP tops among states in ragging incidents
Muzaffarnagar: Uttar Pradesh has topped the
list of states with the maximum number of ragging cases in
2010, as out of a total 658 cases reported nationwide, 131
were from the state.
Replying to a query under the Right to Information Act
filed by Kush Kalra, the Human Resource Development Ministry
said that after UP, West Bengal reported the second highest
number of 86 cases.
Maximum cases of ragging were reported from engineering
colleges, 333 out of 658 in the country, the report said.
Out of 658 cases of ragging, 594 were reported against
boys and rest 64 against girls, it said.
Manipur stood last in the list.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!