‘UP tops list of atrocities against Dalits’
Bhopal: Chairman of National Commission for
Scheduled Castes P L Punia today said Madhya Pradesh has of
late witnessed a rise in the atrocities against Dalits and the
BJP-ruled state ranked third in the country in this regard.
"The atrocities against Dalits in the state is on the
higher side and the unfortunate part is that in many cases
even reports are not registered," Punia told reporters.
He said Uttar Pradesh ranked first when it came to number
of cases of atrocity against Dalits, followed by Andhra
Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal