‘UP tops list of atrocities against Dalits’
Bhopal: Chairman of National Commission for
Scheduled Castes P L Punia today said Madhya Pradesh has of
late witnessed a rise in the atrocities against Dalits and the
BJP-ruled state ranked third in the country in this regard.
"The atrocities against Dalits in the state is on the
higher side and the unfortunate part is that in many cases
even reports are not registered," Punia told reporters.
He said Uttar Pradesh ranked first when it came to number
of cases of atrocity against Dalits, followed by Andhra
Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family