UPA-2 a failure on all fronts, alleges CPI(M)
Patna: CPI(M) politburo member S Ramchandra Pillai on Monday alleged that the UPA-2 government led by the Congress was "a total failure" on all fronts.
Talking to reporters here, Pillai described the report card presented by the UPA-2 as "bundle of lies" and alleged the Central government was "a total failure on all fronts."
He also alleged that price rise and corruption had made the common people`s condition miserable and the Central government had failed "to tackle the problems."
There were no differences between the policies of the NDA led by BJP or the UPA led by the Congress, Pillai claimed.
He said the Left parties were trying to form a Left Democratic Front to provide an alternative to the NDA and the UPA led by Congress.
The leaders of the Left parties would meet in New Delhi day after tomorrow to hold discussions on launching a Left Democratic Front, he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?