UPA-2 a failure on all fronts, alleges CPI(M)
Patna: CPI(M) politburo member S Ramchandra Pillai on Monday alleged that the UPA-2 government led by the Congress was "a total failure" on all fronts.
Talking to reporters here, Pillai described the report card presented by the UPA-2 as "bundle of lies" and alleged the Central government was "a total failure on all fronts."
He also alleged that price rise and corruption had made the common people`s condition miserable and the Central government had failed "to tackle the problems."
There were no differences between the policies of the NDA led by BJP or the UPA led by the Congress, Pillai claimed.
He said the Left parties were trying to form a Left Democratic Front to provide an alternative to the NDA and the UPA led by Congress.
The leaders of the Left parties would meet in New Delhi day after tomorrow to hold discussions on launching a Left Democratic Front, he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA