UPA-2 logged only price rise and corruption: BJP
Mumbai: Price rise, corruption and unemployment were the only "accomplishments" of UPA-2 which has completed three years in power, BJP president Nitin Gadkari said here on Wednesday, slamming the government`s policies.
Addressing party workers on arrival at the airport to attend the two-day national executive meeting, Gadkari said the credibility of the UPA is at an all-time low.
"The UPA government has just completed three years of its second term.. There is nothing positive about its performance price rise, corruption and unemployment are its only achievements," he said.
"There is despair among people and the two-day national executive meeting will discuss and deliberate inspiration, strength and vision of bringing about a change in the country," he said.
Gadkari said the economic situation in the country is worrisome. "The situation is such that the country`s gold may have to be mortaged again," he claimed.
He said in the recent assembly elections, BJP retained Punjab and wrested Goa from the Congress. Similarly, the party won all the three municipal bodies in Delhi as well as Mumbai with Shiv Sena, retained power in Nagpur civic elections and also won a by-election in Andhra Pradesh.
Gadkari said the party`s rise at the hustings has been good.
BJP general secretary Anant Kumar said the national executive deliberations in Mumbai will help the party to open the gates of Delhi. "When we meet in Mumbai, the gates of Delhi open for us," he said, adding the two-day meet will discuss the future political strategy of the party.
"There will be economic and political resolutions and special resolutions on the drought situation in Maharashtra, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh which is causing distress among farmers," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead